Santa must be a System Administrator
I was musing on similarities between Santa Claus and system administrators. Consider:
- Santa is bearded, corpulent, and dresses funny.
- When you ask Santa for something, the odds of receiving what you
wanted are infinitesimal.
- Santa seldom answers your mail.
- When you ask Santa where he gets all the stuff he's got, he says,
"Elves make it for me."
- Santa doesn't care about your deadlines.
- Your parents ascribed supernatural powers to Santa, but did all the
- Nobody knows who Santa has to answer to for his actions.
- Santa laughs entirely too much.
- Santa thinks nothing of breaking into your $HOME.
- Only a lunatic says bad things about Santa in his presence.
Jeff Ballard <email@example.com> PH: 608-263-1875 UNIX Admin/WWW Admin
As seen on the WWW
"Has anyone ever noticed that both drug addicts and computer people are called 'users'?" - Steve Ferguson