- The Enterprise runs into a energy field of a type it has encountered
several times before.
- The Enterprise goes to visit a remote outpost of scientists, who are all
- Some of the crew visits the holodeck and it works properly.
- The crew of the Enterprise discovers a totally new lifeform, which later
turns out to be a rather well-known old life-form wearing a funny hat.
- The crew of the Enterprise is afflicted by a mysterious plague, for which
the only cure can be found in the well-stocked enterpise sick bay.
- The captain has to make a difficult decision about a less advanced people
which is made a great deal easier by the Starfleet Prime Directive.
- An enigmatic being composed of pure energy attempts to interface with the
Enterprise's computer, only to find it has forgotten to bring the right
- A power surge on the bridge is rapidly and correctly diagnosed as a faulty
capacitor by the highly trained and competent engineering staff.
- A major Starfleet emergency breaks out near the Enterprise, but
some other ships in the area are able to deal with it to everyone's
- The Enterprise is involved in a bizarre time-warp experience which is in
some way unconnected to the late 20th century.