> Last year, my insurance brokers thought they'd found me
some cheaper car
> insurance, until they saw that computer consultants are on the blacklist of
> people who aren't covered for "business use by the policyholder". Anybody
> know why? After all, we're such calm, careful people, aren't we ... ?
I believe it has to do with a combination of factors including all, or any,
of the following:-
- attempting to re-program the engine management system
- dandruff getting in the eyes whilst driving
- untrimmed beard hair flying into the eyes whilst cornering
- failure to understand that a car is wider than a bike
- inability to concentrate for more than a nano-second
- refusal to believe that any road signs could possibly apply to them
- the car is hardware and not their responsibility to maintain
- attempting parallel processing by driving/using phone/reading map etc
- 'I didn't have any input to the Highway Code so it must be wrong'
- drinking and driving - and spilling the beer as a result
- anti-social work patterns making anti-social drivers
- 'This car is not what I specified so I changed it'